Our homeschooling journey began in September 2008. We welcome you to join us as we venture over a new path in our life! We're all learning together, exploring, experiencing, and having a blast along the way! Track our educational expedition from the very beginning and watch as we transform this experience into a new way of life for our family!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Overwhelmed, but enjoying it!

Holy abundance of homeschooling resources, batman! For the past few days I have been tangled in a web of blogs, websites, catalogs, and e-mail groups, all related to homeschooling. What have I learned?

Nothing.

Yet.

Well, maybe this... it's possible to lose an entire day in the World Wide Web. This addiction must be broken. But not yet...

I have laughed at the humor shared on the blogs of so many homeschooling families. I have cried over the loss of little "Dozer." I have been awestruck by some of the many photographic glimpses into lives that have been shared - families, projects, even early-morning sunrises.

I have a long list of links saved into a special folder in my 'Favorites' list to come back to later. I have excitedly skimmed through webpages that seemed to offer everything I was looking for (and more)! I've ordered more catalogs, joined mailing lists and downloaded homeschooling freebies and help guides.

I can't really say that I've 'learned' a lot just yet, but I've stumbled into some wonderful people, some helpful tools and tips, and I've just fallen that much more in love with the idea of homeschooling the boys (exclusively) next year. Penny, too!

I'm not sure if I should expect the 'fun' to wear off and for this to become 'work,' but with teaching being something I've always wanted to do, I think I will be able to find great enjoyment and fulfillment in this even when the 'work' outweighs the 'fun.' And c'mon, they won't be kids forever - I have to enjoy these years while I still can!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Find out when your state is having their homeschool convention and go! It opened my eyes!

HomeGrownKids said...

Nah, the fun doesn't wear off...it changes and has its ups and downs but the *joy* remains.

I look forward to reading your blog! No pressure now eh? LOL

Susan